|About us » Who we are|
The East-West-Institute for Social Management e.V. (OWI) is an independent institute,
registered as a Not for Profit Organisation for development aid.
OWI evolved during the reform processes, which took place in Eastern Europe and the CIS in the
90ties with the objectives:
- To support the developmentof civil society in countries under reform
and in transition in Central and Eastern Europe
- To promote activities that will contribute to develop NGOs, voluntary work and
community involvement, the foundation of civil society.
- To strengthen the social network, to help developing, improving and providing
social and health services to vulnerable groups.
- To create a dialogue with the young NGO community in Eastern Europe.
- To promote the co-operation between public authorities, business and NGOs in the
social and health sectors.